Friday, November 11, 2011

NaNoWriMo Progress

Despite being under the weather for the past couple of weeks, I've decided that a late start to National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is better than no start at all.  I've never participated in this before, but after some encouragement from others, I've decided to give it a whirl and I have no regrets.  I'm checking in with locals (#stlnano) and with others (#NaNoWriMo) on twitter.   I've joined the NaNoWriMo site and in three very partial days of writing, I've managed a 2,262 word count.  


I should be working on that word count now, but it's been so long since I blogged that I thought it was important that I take a little time out to write this.  Lynxter and I are still eating primarily vegan, with a lot of juices and smoothies, and we are still losing weight.  I went to the doctor to have blood tests about six weeks into the new regimen and had some odd results.  My protein levels were on the low end of normal, which I expected, but my vitamin D level was way below normal along with my platelets (could be a centrifuge error).  More on all of that another time.  


The novel I'm writing this month doesn't have a title yet, but it's about a fifty-year old woman who learns that she has been surplussed at her company and must figure out how she will support herself and her teenage daughter at the same time that she learns her deceased mother had unshared secrets that will affect the second half of her life.  I still have my other writing projects in progress but I put them on hold so I could participate in NaNoWriMo.

So back to it for me.  How about you?

No comments: