Saturday, January 24, 2009

Catching Up

I've written some really bad loglines in the past three weeks for projects I have yet to start. I've also worked on loglines for projects that I have already in progress. Interestingly I found that the loglines for the projects in progress are workable first drafts. I wouldn't want to use them to pitch anyone at this point, but I know that they are a start in the right direction and that feels good. Perhaps I'll implement a "logline of the day" program for myself to keep in practice.

I have had some distractions from writing in the past three weeks, apart from the usual job & family responsibilities. In the past three weeks I've learned that I love the community of people that descends upon Park City annually for the Sundance Film Festival. My partner and I went to the opening weekend of Sundance - it was our first visit - and fell in love. The films, the discussions after the films, chatting with people on the shuttles (is everyone at Sundance a screenwriter?), conversations at bars and events. It is hard to describe except that it felt like a homecoming for me.

Today I won't get any more writing done than this blog. A nodule on my left thryoid requires surgery (it's today) so I will be out of pocket for a week or two in recovery. I'm sure the writing will be here when I'm feeling up to it.

No comments: