Saturday, January 03, 2009

My New Year's Resolution and the Year of the Earth Ox

They say that writers can't be afraid to "kill your darlings" so I've done some blog housecleaning, deleting the very few but rather inane posts I've written over the past couple of years. I kept the very first one I wrote and another that has personal meaning for me. And while I really haven't been a fan of new year's resolutions over the years, this year I thought I'd give it a try. I have been writing more and I resolve to blog more. I also want to learn to write really good loglines. It feels right since the year of the Earth Ox is upon us once again on 26 January 2009.

In general, eastern astrologers believe that oxen come into their own during ox years. Taking stock, examining where you are and where you are heading are supposed to be good activities for oxen in an ox year. (Aren't they good activities for anyone in any year?) Being a metal ox, I am supposed to be strong, hard-working and will do whatever is necessary to achieve my goals. Time will tell but one thing is for certain, it also continues to march on.

No comments: